Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday: New Beginnings

Today I am especially thankful for new beginnings; the first of the year always brings such promise about what the next 365 days of the year can be like. This year I didn't make many resolutions; in fact, I think the only one I made was to focus on myself more. That probably seems selfish but the truth of the matter is, I can't take care of other people if I don't take care of myself. I was recently diagnosed with diabetes (which was NOT a huge surprise, but still sucks) and my doc told me it was time to start focusing on myself and my health more. I need to be around for my kids as they grow older, I need to be around for Geo as WE grow older. There's no excuse for putting myself on the back burner anymore-clearly it wasn't working that way so I'm trying something new. I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to make that change and thus it begins...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...