Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Guest Post From Our Favorite 8 year old

hi this is Gabe Witkowski  Homeless people need scarfs hats gloves and jackets and food
I want to help them. I am going to collect these things for Lazarus house.It  is for  homeless people even
for kids.I feel bad about the homeless people .If you want to help me  you can send  me these things. If you
cant send me these things, maybe you can send a gift card to me  so i can buy what you want to have
to donate to them.  

thank you
 from Gabe



This is Chrissi; Gabe was so excited to be able to blog this today...he's really excited about helping some families at the Lazarus House in the next town over; we've donated to them before but this is the first time the kiddos have really wanted to get involved. We've been talking a lot about giving to others and helping and for the past few days both kids have expressed an interest in helping others. Gabriel's first idea was to have a popcorn stand...however, he wanted to charge $10 for a box of popcorn and $5 for lemonade...not quite what most people can afford for a snack :) Please note that if you'd like to help with winter stuff, it does NOT have to be new, it just has to be in good shape AND you don't have to help at all, you can just smile and thank God that kids like Gabe and Bits exist still. As far as gift cards; we have a friend who works at Meijer and has said she'll take them there and use her discount card so they can get a few more things than they could somewhere else-Gabe is planning on sending notes to Meijer, Walmart, and Target this week to see if they'd like to help him out as well-I'm hoping they will. Can I just say that we are so proud of these kids? I know we are biased because everyone thinks their kids are the best BUT these guys are so loving, generous and kind...makes our hearts feel good when they want to help others, especially other children. :) 









4 comments:

Amanda said...

Am I able to share this on my page? Or is it private?

Witkowski Family said...

You can definitely share it!! Use the facebook link though, it'll be easier :) thanks hon xo

Unknown said...

Dear Gabe, Its a great thing you are doing. I'm sure your parents are so proud of you. I will try to get some things together for you.
God Bless you, your family, and your pets,
Jeanne Lang

Witkowski Family said...

you work with my dad?
thank you!
Gabriel Witkowski

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...