Friday, August 5, 2011

So I Guess This is Growing Up?

Whenever we go to Michigan for a trip, the kiddos both choose a few items to put in their backpacks for the ride up and for comfort items, if they need them. Without fail, Gabriel ALWAYS puts Sam, his faithful scruffy puppy in his backpack (and he usually ends up on Gabe's lap about ten minutes into the trip and stays there till we get where we're going)

Today I told them to go get their bags and pack em up so we could get ready to go. Both of them packed their bags and Gabe came out and started telling me what he'd brought: books (big surprise, eh?) a batmobile, a decepticon toy, and a yo yo. What was absent? Sam! I asked, "what about Sam? Is he staying here? Are you sure you'll be ok?" He looked at me and said "I'll be fine, I'm 7, I don't need Sam to go everywhere with me anymore Mom" I told him that was fine and went to take a shower, wondering why how he grew up so quickly.

I snuck a peek into the kiddos bedroom as I walked past and sitting front and center of the bed was Sam. I swear he looked like he was going to cry (or maybe that was ME wanting to cry??) Sam still hasn't been packed and I'm not sure he will be packed...and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...