Friday, August 26, 2011

What Does This Say??

Today Bits and I had to go to the jewelry store; my poor engagement ring needs to be fixed; the prongs are worn and the diamond is loose-not a good thing. So as I'm standing there ordering the new head for my ring (and honestly, when the woman asked "would you rather have a new head?" the 12 year old boy in me wanted to answer "no, I'd rather have a new butt, this one has a crack in it!" but I restrained myself...barely) and Bits comes up to me with a flyer for a resetting event. She asked, "what does this say momma?" I told her it said they were resetting rings. She asked what that meant. I told her it meant if you had a loose stone or a ring that you didn't like anymore you could get it redone so you could wear it again. She thought about it for a minute and said "hmmm"

Jokingly I asked her "what, lady, do you have a diamond I don't know about that you need to put in a new ring??" and started to laugh. She looked at me and said VERY matter of factly "yes, I do momma. My big diamond heart fell out last week and you haven't fixed it yet, maybe they can fix it here" I had to think about it for a minute and then it hit me. A while ago someone gave Bits this obnoxious gaudy ridiculous DELIGHTFUL thoughtful gift of a huge honkin' ring that has a HUGE heart shaped "diamond" in the center. It was literally glued in place with rubber cement or some such thing, it didn't take long for the heart to fall completely out...and now, apparently, we need to take it to a jeweler and have it reset, probably in platinum because this girl has expensive tastes already. *shakes head* I guess I'll never ask her something like that again, will I? That'll teach me!

(also, I'm still giggling over the new head thing for my ring...mostly because it reminds me of the joke about having a new butt instead of a million dollars he he. I'm such a 12 year old boy)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...