Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Oh My Gourd (and Other Veggie Tales)

The last week has been, in a word, pretty sucktastic. (that's a word right?) I've been writing this blog post in my head for the last 24 hours and still haven't gotten it quite right yet...so bear with me if this post is awkward.

In the last week, we have seen our pediatrician three times, the dentist twice, my chiropractor twice, I've been to the pediatrician with my nephew twice, the hospital with my nephew once, and we're headed to the dentist again tomorrow.

Katie tripped down our stairs and took Aubrey with her, Bitsy got a black eye playing soccer yesterday, and Gabriel has developed a rather naughty potty mouth. I hit myself in the mouth with a heavy zipper pull and thought I knocked my tooth out. Geo's dad is in the hospital because of a bad reaction to some meds he's on.


This week has sucked...however a lot of other good stuff HAS happened, so the week hasn't been a total wash; we had friends over for a bbq, we had overnight guests and a trip to the flea market, we ate gourmet gelato, we slept in, we took naps, and we watched plenty of movies. We had a surprise dinner guest one night, we went to grandma's house for a bbq, and we spent time with friends and family. HH has been off for five days-and coherent and well rested for ALL of them and that right there is enough to make the week amazing.

At this point, all I can do is laugh about everything that's happened because it's beyond ridiculous; it's beyond believable to most people and yet...here we are, fifty two doctor's visits later...keep Bits in your thoughts if you will-she is having a tooth pulled tomorrow..and also HH's dad (Grampsey Johnny) who's still in the hospital trying to get things figured out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...