Wednesday, December 9, 2009

*shakes head*

Do you remember the scene in "Elf" where Will Ferrell's character is eating cotton balls in the doctor's office? He eats them, much to the chagrin of his father; in between eating them he asks about the skeleton. Funny movie-if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Great story, great soundtrack, perfect Holiday movie.

ANYWAY...so this morning I was making bread, as I usually do once a week. My family has been come addicted to fresh homemade bread. They only eat store bought bread if they "have to" The poor dears, having to eat store bought bread, what kind of mother am I? Their disdain for store bought bread ranks right up there with their disdain for PAPER napkins. How dare I not have cloth napkins for them? But, as usual, I digress, let me get back to my bread making this morning. SarahAnne likes to get a small piece of dough and kneed it while I kneed the main batch. This morning was not unlike other mornings, I handed her a piece of dough to kneed and turned back to kneeding my dough. I admit I wasn't paying the closest attention to her, I was preoccupied with the fact that the plow guy plowed in my sidewalk and I'd have to go out in the snow and wind to dig the sidewalk out, but I didn't think I was completely ignoring her. I asked her for her dough so it could be put with the rest of the dough to rise and she looked at me, grinned and said "ha ha" Red flags immediately went up, "ha ha" means only one thing-she's done something she should NOT have done. I asked her "what did you do??" and started looking for her dough ball. She said "HA HA I ATE IT!" and ran off giggling. Yes, that's right, she ate RAW bread dough. *shudder* I'm feeling nauseous thinking about it. So far she seems fine, but ewww...raw bread dough? What the heck kid?!

Bitsy the elf, what's your favorite color?!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...