Thursday, September 9, 2010

Welcome :)

So as I mentioned the other day, I am being featured as a Blogger of Note on the blog Our Words of Wisdom

Welcome to all of the new comers from WoW and hello to all my oldies but goodies :)

First off a little intro to me, for those who are new around here. I'm 30 (for the next three weeks and I'm holding on for dear life) I am a mostly stay at home mom, former Montessori teacher who has been married to my college sweetie Geo for nine years.

Gabriel is six and a half, in first grade, has a new girlfriend every day, wants to be Justin Bieber when he grows up (well, hell, who DOESN'T want that?? oh...wait) and has spina bifida, hydrocephalus and a host of other unpronounceable annoying medical issues. He's funny as all get out, reads almost as much as me, and has a stuffed dog Sam who is almost always attached to him.

SarahAnne is three and a half going on 16. More often than not I refer to her as Bitsy, those as of late, she has been called the Blonde Devil because she's awful very high spirited :P (that's what we call big blue meanie children, right? "High Spirited" sounds SO much better than complete and utter overly dramatic three and a half year old with a penchant for cutting things up with scissors and blaming it on her grandfather the crocodile, right? Plus it's way easier to type out) She's goofy, thinks she is a ballerina/mother of the world/the boss, and often takes the kitten, Jax for a ride in her stroller. She's a complete and utter weirdo, but we like her and think we'll keep her.

I enjoy writing, reading, cooking, Anthony Bourdain, Maroon 5 and John Mayer. I love my family (most of the time) and more importantly I actually really like them. Perhaps when I grow up, I'll become an official activist for the disabled community, but right now I'm having fun being an amateur. You get to swear a lot more when you aren't an "official" anything.

I am pretty big into attachment parenting, breastfeeding, co sleeping, gardening, knowing your food sources, etc etc. In other words, total bare foot-dirty-smells like patchouli-liberal hippie momma. I also really love being married to Geo and often post things about marriage-marriage musings as they are called :)

I'm an open book and will pretty much answer any question you might have and am willing to write a blog on pretty much anything and everything :)

Below you'll find some of my "favorite" blog entries--enjoy and thanks so much WoW for honoring me, Eri for the nomination and most of all, the Coca Cola company for creating diet coke, the true nectar of this goddess! :P

Scars A Gabriel entry

I choose you A marriage musing entry

An open letter to Miss Me Too A Bitsy entry

7 comments:

Dawn said...

stopping by from WoW ~ love your blog. only had time to read Scars...perhaps because the title called to me from my own personal experience with my children. beautiful post

Lora said...

crunchy but likes her diet cokes? i could like you :0)

congratulations on being today's BON -- always happy to meet new bloggy friends!

Witkowski Family said...

Thank you Dawn :)
Lora, I can't give it up, it's my one and only vice :P

Karen M. Peterson said...

Happy BoN Day!

I couldn't agree more about the importance of Diet Coke in all of our lives.

I wish I didn't love John Mayer, but his music is just so darn awesome.

I can't wait to read more about your family! Off to explore!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I am also a mom of two, and ANOTHER Diet Coke lover!!Can't wait to read more!

SONDRA PRICE said...

Happy BON Day!!!

I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

OJ Gonzalez-Cazares said...

hi there! stopping by from WOW to congratulate you for your BON! I just read your post about Gabriel and made me cry... the description of your scar was moving and so honest. He is a brave boy! I'll keep reading more! Have a great weekend.

www.castazero.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...