Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for seeing things through my childrens' eyes.

Last weekend we went to the Christmas parade in the next town over; it was a ton of fun. Family, hot chocolate, bag pipers...and of course, the man-the myth-the legend-Santa Claus!

Gabe is at the age where Santa is a certifiable BIG DEAL. As we watched Santa coming down the road, he turned to me, eyes huge, grin even larger and said "Oh my goodness Mom. It's SANTA! Do you think he sees me? Do you think he got my list? OH MY GOSH! SANTA!!!!!!!"

It was genuine, it was sweet, it was awesome. It's been a long time since I've looked at Santa with that sort of admiration or, heck, belief to be honest.

This year however, I do believe in Santa because of one small blond boy and I'm pretty sure that the people around us who were grinning as Gabe went on and on about Santa are going to believe this year too.

Thank you Gabe, for letting me see Santa through YOUR eyes this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...