Monday, April 18, 2011

Parent Teacher Conferences

Friday was a busy day around here-I was so busy I even forgot to do a Friday Five!! Whoops. I had Gabe's third quarter parent teacher conference that afternoon and was really pleased with how it went. He's continuing to improve in all academic areas; he's reading well, he loves math and science, and apparently is a really great kid to be around (which I knew, but I'm pretty biased) I was lucky enough to meet Gabe's gym teacher-whom he IDOLIZES. He said that despite what he KNOWS are Gabe's limitations, Gabriel always gives 100% and never tries to get out of doing something because he can't do it. He said he wished all the kids had the determination that he has, which made me feel really good. I mean, yes, as a former teacher, you always want to paint the child of the parent you're speaking to in a positive light, but that was above and beyond. I was so touched by that statement-I can't explain it. It's been a long bumpy road to get to where we are, and I'm so pleased to see what an awesome young man Gabriel is growing up to be.

Now, as amazing and as awesome as Gabriel is...he's also a little dickens-this is a note that he wrote his uncle this weekend when we went out for dinner. I'm totally biased, but I think Gabe is absolutely hilarious-thankfully so did Uncle Dole when he was slid this note:
But still...he's a little dickens...he he

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...