Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Sometimes when it seems like everything all at once is going kind of crappy, it's a good idea to sit back and really be thankful for what you have...

I've been to the dentist twice in three days over one stinkin' tooth, rather than dwell on it, I'm thankful that we have EXCELLENT dental care and immediate access to a dentist so that I can have it taken care of.

The trunk lock on the car is stuck shut and not only is there a brand new bottle of antifreeze in there that we need, there are three giant pumpkins the kiddos didn't get to carve because they're stuck HOWEVER I'm thankful that we have a car that runs well, keeps us warm in the winter, and cool in the summer.

Geo is working 12 hour shifts overnight, we aren't seeing him much lately but I'm so thankful that in this time of economic hardship for SO many people that Geo is working and able to provide for us.

A lot of my friends are struggling right now, whether it's emotionally, physically, financially, what have you-while simply being thankful won't make these things go away, they will help ease the burden, so I'd like to encourage you to be thankful and MEAN it-make a list of all the bad crap and then next to each awful thing, put it into perspective and say something you're thankful for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...