Last week I asked for the five things YOU know for sure...here's what I've gotten:
1) It's always easier than it looks.
2) If a drink doesn't taste right, add pink lemonade.
3) Fruit punch is the cure for a bad mood.
4) It's always okay to admit when you don't know something. That's how you learn.
5) Cakes/brownies are always done when the edges pull away from the pan. Always.
1. A baby's laugh can smooth the edges off of the roughest day.
2. Some people are simply miserable and will do anything to bring you down with them. It is okay to let these people go from your life.
3. Doctors are wrong a LOT.
4. Liking your spouse is at least as important as loving them.
5. Wintry Sunday nights are best done up with a long-sleeved nightgown some soup, hot tea (or cocoa) and a movie or a good, scary book.
1. If you find out all the facts instead of assuming, problems can be avoided 99% of the time.
2. You can always count on your kids to love you unconditionally. The love of your kids is something that never dies no matter what the circumstances. And that is also true for a parents love for their children.
3. I am always right! LOL Kidding. I am quite often wrong about things and know from experience that it makes things so much easier if you just admit it when your wrong.
4. Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
5. When your kids think about their childhood they are not going to think about all the material items they have or how clean the house is...they are going to look at how much love, attention and nurturing they receive from their parents.
1."all I know is that I know nothing". Socrates
2. it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know
3. my wife is the most important part of my life
4. my taxes will be due April 15th
5. sometimes you're the tiger, sometimes the tiger devours you
Feel free to add more if you think of them! Great submissions everyone!