Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Sentimental Kind

I am not particularly sentimental when it comes to Gabe and Bits; I don't cry on their birthdays, I've never wished for them to stay little forever, and summer vacation lasts about three weeks too long for me. Don't get me wrong, I adore them both-they are amazing human beings and I am continually in awe that Geo and I made such cool little people, but I love that they are growing and becoming independent. That being said though, I am a little weirded out by Gabe going into the third grade in two weeks and six days (counting the days noooo not me haha) The reason I am weirded out is because I vividly remember the third grade. I had an awesome teacher-a male teacher which was really odd when I was a kid-and it was just a great year all around. Gabe is hoping he gets the one male teacher who teaches third grade and is so looking forward to the whole experience...after all he's half way to middle school now! That in and of itself is far too weird to even think about...because after middle school comes driving and girls and college tours and an empty bedroom which I am not quite ready for yet :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...