Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"My Baby Rides the Short Bus"

I know some of you know this, but many of you don't. This fall I was published in a book for the first time. I am pretty pleased about it but haven't been screaming it (too loudly) from the rooftop. The book is called "My Baby Rides the Short Bus" and it's an anthology (think "Chicken Soup for the Soul" but with profanity, lesbians, and special needs kids)written by not so mainstream parents who have special needs kids. In case you hadn't guessed it before, Geo and I are not mainstream parents and it was awesome to read a book written for us by us, if you know what I mean.

The stories in this book were heartbreaking, hysterical, maddening, and most of all REAL. These people "get it" I laughed so hard in some spots that I cried because it was like the authors knew how it was to be me and other stories hit so close to home I cried for Gabe and myself and all of these other families who deal with the same things we do, day in and day out.

I am so honored to be among the chosen authors and part of such an awesome book. Go out and buy it, rent it from the library, borrow one of my copies...just read it. It's eye opening and amazing and so so real.

You can find the book on Amazon and even take a sneak peak at the book here Let me know what you think of the book...

1 comment:

O'Mara Family said...

CONGRATS Chrissi! I'm looking forward to reading it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...