Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall Back? Don't Mind If I Do!

I know a lot of people do NOT like day light savings times, but I am NOT one of those. For one, I'm a morning person, so the sun coming up early doesn't bother me, for another, when it's 4:45 and the sun is gone for the day, I'm happy-why? Because it takes less convincing for the kids to go to bed!

Tonight they had a bath and were in bed by 7. I haven't heard a peep out of them since tucking them in and giving them a smooch (or six). They were both snuggled up in warm blankets and had a book in hand.

Gabe has always been a good sleeper; he slept through the night after about three months and regularly sleeps 12 to 14 hours at night. It's glorious, not to mention when he gets up, he quietly goes about his business; he'll have a drink or some yogurt and more often than not is laying on the couch with a cat and a book. He's so easy going; it's fabulous.

Now onto my Bitsy girl. Is it any surprise that she didn't start sleeping through the night until she was almost a year old? Is it a surprise that she sleeps about two hours  and then gets up and wanders into someone else's bed? (sometimes Gabe's, sometimes ours, sometimes she ends up on the couch) She's a very restless at night and despite trying a dozen and a half things, she just doesn't seem to wind down very easily. She's up early and stays up all day; she rarely naps and when she DOES nap, she fights it tooth and nail. I think it is because she's afraid she's going to miss something.

*sigh* If only someone would MAKE me take a nap! If only someone would make me go to bed at 7! Think of how productive I could be...*yawn*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...