Wednesday, November 3, 2010

*sneeze*

Pardon our dust, I'm doing a bit of rearranging of our blog...as you can see to your right, there's a little button that says "I'm on the fence" or something equally as charming about a fence...it's a link-a-doo and if you'll be so kind as to click on it, you'll be voting for our blog to become a favorite-I'm in the family life category and wouldn't mind some votes...gotta get some new readers to go along with you oldy moldies :)

In addition to cleaning up the blog, we're packing up the house...packing, in a word, sucks. I hate it with a passion, in fact the only thing I may dislike more than packing is Bob Dylan. (Hmmm...I don't believe I've ever talked about my passionate dislike for Dylan. Rest assured, it's mostly a joke, but maybe it's not...you never can tell...)

Packing flat out sucks. There's no two ways around it. You think you're doing so well and then you get to your new place and you open up a box that's clearly marked "kitchen" and find something like a hammer and four feet of twine in it and you think to yourself "now why in the hell did I put that in here?" then you open the bathroom box and find caulk, a wooden letter G that's painted with polka dots, and a single mitten you've been searching for frantically for the last three and a half weeks...or is it just me? Am I the only one who organizes things like this? A hammer and twine OBVIOUSLY belong in the kitchen because of the junk drawer. The caulk belongs in the bathroom...because sometimes you have to caulk the edge of the tub, right? RIGHT!?

No, probably not, I'd bet some of you out there are master packers, you're probably the type that labels everything precisely and knows where everything is right down to the candy cane coasters that match the penguin place mats your godchildren gave you for Christmas one year, right? Yeah, I kind of hate dislike you for that kind of organization, I'm just sayin', it's not right. Normal people don't behave that way...

Now...back to packing!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...