Monday, November 1, 2010

Report Card Time

It's report card time at ye olde Witkowski home and I'm so pleased that Gabriel is doing SO well. His areas of "expertise" seem to be math and reading, which I couldn't be happier about. His daddy is awesome at math (and I'm not so good...lol) and not to brag or anything but reading is my strong suit. He's reading above grade level and devours books the way locusts devour a field in a biblical plague.

We have parent-teacher conferences coming up and are excited to hear how well Gabe is doing and what we can do to help him excel and become the best possible Gabe he can be. I don't really care about grades, truthfully, because grades don't really show how a child is doing in school. I want to see (and hear) that he is comprehending things, that he is showing that he knows them both written and verbally, I want to know that he is doing the best he can do-that he's working up to his potential.

I shall report back after his conference on Thursday and we'll see how well he's doing...

In other news, we have a new house :) We'll be moving at the end of the month back into town (ha ha-the fact that Maple Park is considered town cracks me up) about two blocks from where we originally lived when we moved out here. It's an old house (as in, built in the 1880's!!) but the kitchen is newly remodeled and has a brand new washer and dryer IN THE KITCHEN (my dream kitchen, seriously. Yes, I realize how lame that is, but really, who wouldn't want to have the machines RIGHT THERE when you spend as much time in the kitchen as I do?) I happen to know the landlord (yay small towns) and it looks like it's going to work out great. Two car garage that had Geo drooling, a huge yard with a big clear spot for a giant garden that had the kids and I drooling, and a three seasons room that I am SURE is going to get a lot of use between us and the kitty cats.

*sigh*

We're all feeling so much more relaxed and calm right now, thank goodness. Now to pack everything up...ugh...not looking forward to that, but at least this will be the last time we do it until we buy a house.

Hope you're all doing well :) I've had increasing hits on my blog in the last few weeks-so welcome if you are new to the blog and ♥♥♥ to all of our oldy moldy readers he he.

2 comments:

jen chernoff said...

this is all awesome news. I am so happy for you!!!

Wonderfully Chaotic said...

Hello friend, it sounds like you've been busy! :) I was catching up with your blog today and I'm sorry about the house situation BUT very glad it's turning out good! Also wonderful to hear how well Gabe is doing in school. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...