Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gabe and Hobbes??

 As I've mentioned before, Gabe is ALL about Calvin and Hobbes these days, to the point where he's started quoting the book in regular conversation (which amuses me to no end; I love Calvin and Hobbes so much so that in my classroom I used to have them hanging on my door for the kiddos to read) In the morning when he doesn't want to get up, he yells "I'm not getting out of bed until it's as warm out THERE as it is in HERE" (thank you Calvin) This morning on the way to the bus he said to me "I need fur like a tiger, it'd be so much warmer" He's made references to "Susie Derkins" and Moe the bully as well. He even told me that I couldn't clip his nails because he was growing them out to be tiger claws. If I happen to walk past Sam (Gabe's "Hobbes") in the bathtub wearing Geo's hat, there will be trouble though. (I can't seem to find a picture, but in the comic Calvin doesn't want to take a bath so Hobbes puts on Calvin's dads hat and tie and sits in the tub so mom won't suspect Calvin didn't bathe lol)

Gabe's first love, though, is the Chicago Blackhawks...or so I thought. Saturday afternoon while the Hawks were playing the Wings, I walked into my bedroom to find this...

This, of course, is Gabe in his new Hawk's jersey reading Calvin and Hobbes...
Calvin and Hobbes 1, Hawks 0!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...