Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Hodge Podge

Hmm, I'm having a hard time focusing on just one thing for thankful Thursday. It's a hodge-podge of things, so here we go.

I'm thankful that on this day many years ago, my mother in law gave birth to Geo's little brother Joey. Even if he's not with us anymore, we still have a lot of great memories of him and it's great to see his spirit live on in his nieces and nephews.

I'm thankful for perceptive children, Bits in particular, has been really picking things up lately and amazing me with them. We had a long conversation the other night about grandparents (not the first time we've had a convo like this) and after she said "I'm sorry your grandparents got dead" (side note: how freaking cute is that?) she wrapped her arms around me and patted my back. She then told me she couldn't wait to go to the clouds because that's where her Uncle lived and she has pictures of memories of him (which I just love-what a way to describe pictures!) and he was so cute and she can't wait to meet him. I'd like to think that she and Joey would have gotten along famously, being that they are both so dramatic and used their looks to get out of trouble on more than one occasion!

I'm thankful for our neighbor's daughter who happens to be in the second grade with Gabe. They've become fast friends and today they had a play date together. Not only do she and Gabe get along well (they're pretty much mirror images of one another; she asked for an apple, told me tv rots your brain AND said she loves to read...and even likes Calvin and Hobbes-something Gabe was just in awe about) she and Bits got along very very well too. Friends are a good thing :)

I'm thankful for words being fluid; yes, yes you can never take something back once it's said, but you can make it better. The boss of the woman who was so rude last week to me apologized profusely and I feel much better. I was over it last week, but it's nice to know that we are seeing doctors who refuse to tolerate such ignorance.

and then in no particular order, I'm thankful for music, reese's peanut butter cups, new babies, diet coke (he he) and long conversations with my dad.

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just happen to come across your blight as one that a friend of mine follows. Saw the name and immediately thought of a friend from waaaay back named Craig, same last name, from Illinois (where I grew up). Not sure where in Illinois u r from but if ur related pass on that Rachael said hi its been about 20 years! If not, YAY Blackhawks matching outfits! Enjoyed reading your blight!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...