Monday, March 1, 2010

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

After a long train trip following an amazing weekend, I pulled into the metra station tired and sore. The tiredness only lasted a moment or two because suddenly a tow headed, gangly armed and legged six year old was running full force up to me yelling "MOM MOM MOM I MISSED YOU!" and tightly grabbed me around the waist (since when is he THAT tall??) He was followed by a smaller, female version of himself who yelled "MOMMA'S HOME" as she threw her arms around my knees. My hunky hubby stood back, surveying the scene, and as I walked, with two bags over my shoulders and two children attached at the waist and knees, respectively, finally gave me a welcome home smooch over the heads of my children, who very clearly missed me.

It was nice to get away, but even nicer to come home :)

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Glad you had a great time! So jealous that you got to see John Mayer!

Marisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...