Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

In between the bar-be-ques and fun times everyone has this weekend, I hope you'll take a moment to reflect on what Memorial Day really means-today ought to be used to honor those brave men and women who've fought for our freedom. In our own families, we have plenty of soldiers to thank-My grandfathers, my grandmother, my father, my uncle, my cousin's husband and all of Geo's grandfathers and his sister and brother in law. Our friend Tommy is currently serving in Afghanistan (be safe Tommy!!) and a few of my classmates are serving; both stateside and abroad. Today, especially, you'll all be in our thoughts. Thank you for all you do, every day, to ensure not only our freedom and rights, but working to secure the freedoms and rights of other people around the globe. May you all come home safe and sound!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...