Saturday, June 5, 2010

Lazy Saturday

It is a lazy Saturday here at the Wit house; we all slept in (till 8:45!! That IS sleeping in at our house ha ha) then had pancakes for breakfast. It's been raining on and off all day-good for the garden not so good for the kiddos. It's hard being cooped up in the house all day-especially after spending two days running around like crazy and not being able to play much in those two days.

Since it's too wet to play outside or dig weeds out of the garden (oh darn) we've been stuck doing all the laundry. Today marks the first day in over two weeks that I've used my dryer; kind of disappointing to be honest with you, we've been trying to use it as sparingly as possible. On the plus side though, all those loads of laundry will be done in five or six hours total, as opposed to drying it on the line and taking two or three days to do so. We have three clotheslines but it's not quite enough. I plan on putting up one more and then I'll be able to hang two loads at once. (Oh it's the simple things, for sure)

After running errands yesterday, we were able to go and walk at the Japanese Tea Garden in a neighboring town; it's gorgeous there with lots of walking and hiking to do. It's right on the Fox River so it was nice and cool there yesterday. The kids always have fun going there as do Geo and I-it's something different, that's for sure. Of course, I did NOT have my camera, but I will next time.

We're getting ready for a fun week-one of my oldest friends, Gabriel's Godmother and the momma of my Godchildren, Cameron and Christian, Amanda is coming up to visit with her hubby and my Godchildren! YAY! We're so excited, we haven't seen Amanda and the boys in over three years-and we've never met her husband Brian, though from what I hear he's just wonderful. We're so looking forward to a long weekend with them and you can bet there will be many pictures to come in the next week or so.

Hope your all enjoying your Saturday...not working too hard :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...