Thursday, February 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Man

Dear Gabriel,

In a few short minutes you'll be seven. You made sure to tell me that the kiss you gave me was the last one you'd give me as a six year old and that tomorrow's kiss would be from my new, older seven year old McGooch.

You are, in a word, amazing. You continually amaze ALL of us. You have gone from an itty bitty tow headed giggly baby to a confident, bright, hilarious boy. You have a hilarious sense of humor, you devour books like...well like, me and your aunt Buzzy and your grandma Deb. You are kind and gentle, you are loving and sweet. You're so much more than I could have ever dreamt of.

The morning of your birth I wondered what the future was going to hold for you; medically you're practically one in a million; some (me included) would call you a miracle. I wish I could go back in time and tell the scared me not to worry because you were going to be so amazing.

I still can't believe you're almost seven, where has the time gone? It's gone by in the blink of an eye, a million miles a minute. Each day brings a new challenge, another silly joke, and a sweet hug and kiss from my baby first born.

Momma and Daddy love you so much and are so proud of you honey. No matter what you do, we'll always be behind you cheering you on. You are adored by your sister; you can literally do NO wrong in her eyes. You should see her mope while you're at school and the way her eyes light up when she realizes it's time to get you off the bus. You're the apple of your grandparents and great grandparents eye. You are loved by so many people, I hope you always remember that.

Happy birthday little man.
Love,
Momma

P.S. Happy birthday Sam, I'm glad you're Gabe's Hobbes :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...