Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Snow Days

I am so thankful for snow days this week :) I know a lot of parents don't like them, but I am loving having Gabriel home. He's such a fun kid, I feel like his days go by so quickly for him-he's up, he goes to school, he comes home, does homework, we have dinner, bath, stories and bedtime! Not a whole lot of time for hanging out. I am also thankful for the super sleepover the kiddos and the cat and I had last night. Nothing like being snuggled together when it's super cold outside (and woooo was it cold last night-some reports had us at -35 with the wind chill!) We told knock knock jokes, Gabe rubbed my back (he's so sweet) and we had a good snuggle.

 In addition to snow days I am thankful for Geo's new job. He's always been a good hard worker and he's finally being rewarded for that. We aren't going to see a ton of him but I will be able to stay home with the kids as long as Geo and I feel it's necessary and we are going to have AMAZING insurance (something that is an absolute necessity for our family) I'm so thankful I married a man who is such a hard worker and so devoted to his family.

And last but not least, I'm thankful for a silly little SarahAnne. Today she got dressed in a dress with a skirt underneath it, pink "high heels" and said "ok momma, I'm ready to sweep the floor" She grabbed the broom and swept the kitchen floor...she only stopped to swig some of my diet coke once and then, when she was done, she came out of the kitchen and said "ok it's done but I can't use the picker pan"  I went into the kitchen and sure enough, she had swept the floor and had left me a neat little pile for the "picker pan" and broom. I'm thankful for her help :)

(And now something YOU will be thankful for, a picture of the kiddos he he)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...