Friday, March 4, 2011

Whoops!

Again I've missed Thankful Thursday. Jeez oh pete! I'm thankful that Gabe is feeling better and that my children have awesome immune systems. The flu should last a good week to ten days per the doc and both of them were better within three days of being diagnosed. Thank goodness Gabe is feeling better-the pink eye still seems to be bugging him a bit though, so he's taking one more day off of school JUST to be on the safe side.

Yesterday we went to the Science Museum. I wasn't sure if the kids would EVER want to leave, but eventually they did-only because we went to A&W for root beer floats though LOL

My Friday Five for today is five pictures from yesterday-enjoy :)

The kiddos learned about woolly mammoths; a mammoth weighs the same as 12 cows-who knew? 
 this was BY FAR Gabriel's favorite exhibit-it showed how things are distributed and he stood there reading and checking it out for a good ten minutes by himself
 The next two pictures are from an exhibit called "A Million of Me" it was basically a large kaleidescope and both kids loved it. They kept trying to get me to climb in and see "millions of Mom" silly kiddos. I especially love the picture of Bits in the Million of Me because you can actually see more than one of her in the picture-very cool if you ask me

 and finally, the obligatory "in front of the museum" shot :P
I would definitely recommend Sci Tech to anyone with kiddos who are interested in science-hell, even if they AREN'T interested in science, they will be after a trip here. The museum had a field trip group in while we were there-while they were downstairs exploring, we were upstairs by ourselves-when they went upstairs we came downstairs and had the run of the place. It was definitely worth the admission price (3 and under are free, 4-60 are $8 60 and better are $7) I am seriously considering replacing our zoo membership with a membership to Sci Tech. I think we'd get more use out of it actually.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...