Monday, February 8, 2010

The Countdown Has Begun...

Next week something VERY exciting is happening...Gabriel is turning six...ooooh he could not be more excited about his birthday coming up if he tried. Every single morning and every single night we hear how many days/how many sleeps are left until his birthday. This morning while eating his breakfast he said "Hey Mom, it's almost 2-18 and you know what that means, right?" I played dumb and said "No, Gabe, what DOES it mean?" Exasperated he said "It means your kid is having a birthday, that's what it means" and looked at me disgustedly, because I'm sure he really wanted to say "How could you forget my birthday? MY SIXTH birthday?!" but he's far too polite for that :)

Ah the years have flown by...as my mom has been known to say, "The days are long but the years are short" and oh how true that's proven to be.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...