Friday, February 12, 2010

It's a Valentine's Day Miracle...

Or something like that.

Today, because I am apparently a glutton for punishment and have nothing else to fill my days with, I am going to be the "room mom" for Gabe's Valentine's Day party. Actually, that's not true, I'm not the room mom, I'm the CRAFT MOM™ (no pressure no pressure)

A few weeks ago, while preparing for the ever so important role as CRAFT MOM™ I did some serious internet research to see what the cool craft would be (total lie, I don't know what's cool when you're five, I know what's cool when you're CRAFT MOM™) (actually that's another total lie, I have no clue what cool is; in truth I wouldn't know cool if it slapped me in the face)

I found the most amazing project; it's a heart shaped bird feeder. We're going to feed our animal friends on Valentine's Day because we care about animals AND people on Valentine's Day, right? Yes, I confidently told Geo, and the kindergarten teacher, that I could handle it, I was ready, and it would be AMAZING.

Except that...the logistics may not work. For one, it involves large amounts of popcorn. (as a side note, the entire Witkowski clan needs to get out more; we excitedly watched the popcorn come out of the air popper like it was a new tv series involving hockey and animals or the Simpsons [Thanks to Grandpa Jeff for searching the garage for the popcorn popper!!} I've never seen the kids-or Geo ha ha-so excited about something in the kitchen. LAME ha ha) Large amounts of popcorn+five year old children=certain disaster. But but but! Let's add something else to the mix. WIRE! Yes, in a fit of CRAFT MOM™ amazingness, I thought it would be a GREAT idea to give the kids sharp wire and popcorn to create a bird feeder.

*shaking head*

What in the HELL was I thinking? Clearly, I wasn't. In a few short hours, I'll be putting on my shoes, grabbing four huge bags of popcorn, a bag of wire, and some yarn and heading out to Kindergarten. All I'm hoping for is no major disasters; no eyes being poked out*, no one choking on popcorn, no lawsuits...

Perhaps as a back up plan, I'll bring the air popper and the popcorn, if we get bored, I can just pop popcorn, if it thrilled US so much, it would probably thrill all the kids right?! Ha ha :)Wish me luck!


*that would be my OWN eye I'm referring to, of course :P

1 comment:

Wonderfully Chaotic said...

Oh my, good luck! Our local homeschooling group made bird feeders awhile back by smearing pine cones with peanut butter & then dipping them in birdseed. The idea sounds good and it worked out pretty well, but the smaller kids had quite a field day with the peanut butter! haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...