Monday, February 22, 2010

From the Mouths of Babes

Gabe cracks me up to no end; some of the things that come out of his mouth are hysterical and some of them are very thoughtful...

This morning he asked me to hop into his bed for a snuggle before he got out; happy to oblige him, I hopped in. He promptly put his arms around me and said "you're my favorite 30 year old mom" I thanked him and he went on to tell me that soon I'd be 31 (not true, I have seven more months thank you very much!) and then I'd be old. Glad to know 30 isn't old but 31 is...

Yesterday at breakfast, Gabe's friend asked if we could say a prayer before breakfast. Gabe yelled "I'LL DO IT!" and promptly folded his hands in prayer and said "thank you God for this breakfast, my friend, and I really like my bus driver, the captain. Amen" Geo and I were trying not to giggle since it was a very serious moment for Gabe, but it was so stinkin' cute, it was hard not to.

And finally, yesterday we went to the dollar store (a big hit in our family; a dollar goes a loooong way here :P) and Gabe picked up a kaleidoscope. He said to me "Look at my snipeascope" I had no clue what he was saying and asked him to repeat it. He said "it's my SNIPEASCOPE" loudly, loudly enough that the man next to us heard and started to laugh. He said "Sounds like someone has a career in the military in his future, since he keeps saying 'sniper scope'" I laughed and said "I'm not so sure about that, but I do know he adores his aunt and uncle who were both in the army and served in Iraq" the man thanked me for their service and promptly got slugged by his girlfriend. He started to laugh and she said "Don't let this guy fool you, he's a corporal and he's trying to get your son early" We thanked him and found out that he was home on leave for a bit before heading back to the "sandbox" God bless and keep you, silly soldier in the Dollar Store...and thanks for the translation :P

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...